Bala Vihar: A Place for Children
We offer classes for children in pre Kindergarten-5 grade levels. Our programs integrate art, music, stories, yoga, and meditation to help develop healthy and vibrant children. Our Bala Vihar has taken off with students coming from all over the Bay Area. The kids have a great time and love coming to the classes. Many parents have said that they (and their kids) miss the program if they can’t attend.
Check back for classes 2011 Session starting January 2011.
Our classes are very different than what you would find in most settings. The classes are highly interactive and engaging, with stories, art, and music the kids can relate to and enjoy. We stick to the classics but teach them in a way that kids from 3-9 really enjoy. We also measure your child’s progress in learning the critical aspects of yoga, meditation, and knowledge of the stories and mantras we teach.
Class size is limited. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
- Storytelling: ancient stories from the Puranas
- Slokas: learning the ancient forms of Sanskrit chanting
- Yoga: poses appropriate for children
- Meditation: short practice sessions to help children learn to quiet down and develop better focus
- Kirtan: singing with Pacific Meditation Center’s band Tandava
- History: short studies in Indian history, music, and culture
- Art: fun-filled activities to inspire imagination
Class Dates and Time: All classes are held on Saturdays at 10:30 am and last for about 90 minutes. Please click on Calendar to see the current dates of classes.
Class Location: All Bala Vihar classes are held at St. Timothy’s Church at 2094 Grant Rd. Mountain View, California 94040. Here is a map. We are not affiliated with St. Timothy’s Church.
Our online, secure, registration system is available.